"Film in Georgia” is a newly launched film industry incentive program that aims to promote Georgia as the Eastern European Filming Destination by offering a 20% cash rebate on qualified expenses incurred in Georgia. The program aims to support the development of Georgia’s film industry. An additional rebate of up to 5% is available if a production promotes Georgia as a destination the program’s “Cultural Test.”
The program is implemented by Enterprise Georgia, under the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development in cooperation with the Georgian National Film Centre, part of the Ministry of Culture and Monuments protection of Georgia.
20 - 25% Cash Back:
Film industry incentive program offering a 20% cash rebate on qualified expenses incurred in Georgia. For the detailed information please visit: http://filmingeorgia.ge/cash-rebate-20
- International and local productions must be registered as legal entities in Georgia.
- Projects must lead to the production of a feature film, TV film, TV series or mini-series (pilot episodes are eligible), animation, documentary film, commercial, reality show, or music video.
- At least 50% of the total production budget should be in place at the time of application.
- Expenses must be directly related to the filmmaking process to qualify.
- If production qualifies for the rebate, a refund up to 1,000,000 GEL will be approved automatically. Projects requesting a higher rebate require special approval of the Government of Georgia
- Production in Georgia must be completed within 24 months after acceptance to the rebate program.
- Location scouting
- Assistance in acquiring permits issued by government institutions
- Coordination and communication with various stakeholders
In order to become cash rebate incentive beneficiary the following steps should be completed:
- Submission of the online application form. Application can be submitted using the following link:
- http://e-services.economy.ge/filmcommission/registration (please note, we only consider applications submitted via the link)
- Government is obliged to respond within 30 days upon application submission
- If an application is successfully completed, contract will be signed between an applicant (from now on referred as "beneficiary") and Enterprise Georgia
- After signing the contract, beneficiary has two years to implement a project and provide financial statement audited by an independent, private auditing company. Expenses are rebated only after Enterprise Georgia receives audited financial statement (please note, we only consider financial statements submitted via http://e-services.economy.ge/filmcommission/registration)
For more information, updates and useful links, please visit the website: www.filmingeorgia.ge